http://news.google.com Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:34:30 GMT
How to Tell Your Business or Brand’s Story Online
In addition, other studies have shown that social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than traditional outbound marketing methods – a point too salient for business owners to ignore. Better still, recasting the way in which you promote your …
- Don’t market or promote solutions directly: Instead, tell bigger-picture stories that others can rally behind.
- Keep messaging short, sweet, and simple – capture audiences’ attention at a glance, and convey three to five key points within the first 10 seconds.
- Lead with a strong, compelling, and well-differentiated hook: Whether using humor or heartwarming elements to tell your tale, quickly set yourself apart at a glance.
- Use visual elements such as videos, animations, and infographics to communicate complex data where possible – today’s audiences respond far better to graphical components than text.
- Design messaging to suit the medium – a one-size-fits-all approach should not apply. Communications should be tailored to each channel, whether you’re conducting outreach using solutions such as Facebook, Twitter, or Vine.
- Take a closer look at strategic ROI. Ask yourself: How can your social media strategy support your larger goals and objectives? Define those objectives, create a strategic marketing plan ahead of time and execute.
- Set tangible measurements that can help you gauge programs’ effectiveness and impact: Are you trying to drive website page views, increase your number of incoming leads, close a bigger percent of deals? Be clear up-front about metrics that can tell you how effective campaigns are.
- Remember that numbers aren’t everything, however. Effectiveness may also be gauged in terms of how often conversation topics trend, how audiences respond to messages, and how much goodwill you’re generating for your brand.