Understanding How The Mobile Revolution Can Impact Your Business
What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile Marketing is a set of practices that enables organizations to communicate and engage with their audience in an interactive and relevant manner through any mobile device or network.
Mobile Usage Statistics
Did You Know…
- More Americans Own Mobile Phones than Computers?
- Most Consumers Age 18-34 Now Own Smartphones?
- U.S. Mobile Commerce Sales Surged 91.4% in 2011?
- By 2014, Mobile Internet Usage is Expected to Exceed Desktop Internet Usage?
- More than 50% of all “Local” Searches are Done from a Mobile Device?
- Over 350 MILLION People Access Facebook from Their Mobile Devices?
Consumers LOVE Mobile Devices
- It Takes 90 minutes for the Average Person to Respond to an Email… But it Takes 90 SECONDS for them to respond to a Text Message
- Our Mobile Devices are the First Thing We Check in the Morning and the Last Thing We Check Before Bed
- Adults Now Spend More Time with Mobile Devices than Print Media Such as Newspapers and Magazines
- 91% of Americans Keep Their Mobile Devices within Arm’s Reach 24/7
- Mobile Coupons Get 10 TIMES the Redemption Rate of Traditional Coupons
- Nearly Half of Generation Y Would rather Lose Their Wallet or Purse Than Their Mobile Device
- The Average Person takes 26hrs to Report a Lost Wallet… But They Report a Lost Phone within 68mins
What Are We Doing on Our Mobile Devices?
- Personal Business
- Checking Weather, Reading News, Shopping, Maps/Directions, Stock Quotes, Looking for Local Products/Services, and More
- Passing Time
- Playing games, Downloading Ringtones, Watching Videos, and More
Most Popular Forms of Mobile Marketing Technology
- SMS (Short Message Service) Text Messaging
- Mobile Search & Mobile Websites
- QR Codes