Along with affordability, free themes, and ease of use, one of the most beneficial aspects of WordPress is that search engines love these websites.
Since WordPress is a content management system (CMS), search engines pick up WordPress sites more easily, making it one of the top platforms for business websites.
• Permalinks: WordPress allows you to create permalinks for each blog post and page you create. When someone searches for a specific keyword, search engines can easily find the information via permalinks.
• SEO Plugins: WordPress is well-known for its variety of plugins. There are several SEO-related plugins that will help you understand what keywords work well with search engines and swiftly index your website.
• Tags in Posts and Pages: A tag is a keyword or set of keywords placed at the bottom of each post or page you create. Tags are beneficial because you can create specific words that relate to your content, making it much easier for search engines to pick up your website.
• Categories: Another valuable feature that WordPress offers is the ability to create categories. Categories make it simple for visitors to find specific information without having to browse through unorganized content.
This works well for rankings because it helps search engines index your site. Keep in mind that it’s always a good idea to name each category with the correct keyword so that it will be easier to index.
• Interlinking: When you link a blog or webpage to another similar blog or page, it helps search engines find your website and boost it in search results. In addition, interlinking is wonderful for optimizing your keywords. WordPress has built-in features that allow you to interlink as many times as you want.
• Content Management System (CMS): WordPress is a CMS, meaning you can update, change, add, and edit information at any time without relying on a web developer to help.
This helps to keep your content fresh and relevant, something search engines love. With the creation of Google Panda and Spider, search engines now filter out redundant content and search more for fresh, original information.
Whenever you update your website with new material, search engines pick up this information, which in turn helps boost your search rankings.